NX4827T043_011 Firmware - Please help

Hi!

Can anybody help me, please… send me the file

Thank You!

same thing here, could someone share it over here too?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/eoaAeMVNhAy8WDYKF4ar

thanks!!!

Hi, I’m also screwed by the support and shall send in my Device. Hopefully I can revive the Device with your file !?
they pointing me “charming” to this URL https://nextion.tech/faqs/ and the Post about "Legacy devices :frowning:
there you have a intermediate Image which doesn’t fix my device ;(

Maybe you can provide your Image here

thnx for the support

Fortunately, my clients and myself were never affected by that problem until now. But it seems highly improbable to me that people keep so called “legacy” devices in their stock for several years without ever using and updating these.

You think it’s highly improbably that people don’t regularly update devices?

I thought you worked in this industry…

I understand that final clients won’t update whatever. But the developers which I know keep their tools up to date and they won’t start new projects with “legacy” materials.

How about buffer or replacement stock, field engineer test equipment, … I don’t see these being updated on a regular schedule unless they are going to be used, which can be whenever the time arises. Years or not, last time I checked there was no “expiry date” on the display or firmware…

Shouldn’t the updater check the last FW version is compatible with the new FW version before starting the update? If there are known incompatibiliteies between Nextion Editor firmware version, it should be easy to check before flashing the display. How about a display recovery tool from Nextion?

The number of posts here indicates there is something very wrong with the FW update process. It seems they rather sell new hardware to cover for their software mistakes, while blaming the users. Good thing Itead is owning up to the problem.

Thank You!

You resolved my problem.

1 Like

Well you know, I have been an IndieGoGo supporter for Nextion and my Customer only wanted 2.4" Displays. So I tried another 4.2" and left this one in the shelf for its time to come.
Now as I Need it for a Prototype, it was bricked. I also cannot understand when the Software needs an intermediate Step ( known by Nextion) why they don’t just include this in the Upload Process to avoid Bricking those devices.
And I totally Agree that you never touch any IoT when it runs without issues.
Where no error there no need to fix !

Just a small update.

this “nulldevice” Fixed my screen which Technical Support of Nextion refuses to send me.
Even after I state that I know how to handle STM Chips. I also figure out the Pinout the contact plates on the PCB for the STM and the GPU.

Anyway, you save my day and also from spending additional Bucks for the Prototype :wink:

Hopefully I can also can support other Nextion customer here.

1 Like

I have the same issue with a NX8048T050_011. How specific is this file to the 4.3" model?

If someone could share it I would like to give it a try…

This famous file seems only to fix the “invalid devicenull” error, which occurs when you upload a tft file created by an editor >= 0.53 on a legacy Nextion (produced <= 2016) and thus have bricked it.

It is not for sure not a universal “one fixes all problems” tool. What did you do to bring your Nextion into that state?

Exactly as you stated. I pulled it out of storage and uploaded a file from 1.62. After showing “update successed” on a white screen I rebooted and it only showed the same “update successed” screen. Over the last few days the screen has become more corrupt which I assume is due to the RAM no longer been updated.

Thank you to whoever sent me the file. It worked perfectly and my device has recovered. As mentioned previously I have a 5" device so the file seems to be specific to the basic models and not a particular screen size. I have since placed a working tft file onto it successfully.

1 Like

He updated it using normal, documented procedures.

Nextion’s refusal to publicly release this fix is yet another in a LOOOONG string of actions which clearly demonstrate the contempt with which they hold their customers. First, they release firmware that will brick devices. Then, anyone posting about it is banned and their posts deleted. Finally, they recognize it’s a thing but to my knowledge still have yet to publicly post on their web site how exactly to avoid it.

Now you have to directly contact support to get the fix in order to deal with a situation that is 100% the fault of Nextion. Their handling of this issue is appalling and it speaks volumes as to why nobody serious would ever select Nextion for mass production.

These things are fun tinker toys but production ready they ain’t.

You might be right. But I have still difficulties in understanding how one can try updating a more than 4 years old device with the newest editor release, jumping more than 10 versions, similar to doing a Win10 upgrade on a Win95 PC and expecting that everything works as before.

Perhaps it’s just me, thus please no-one feel bothered or offended by my thoughts! Apparently, I’m living in a different corner of the universe. :slight_smile:

The traditional response here would be to document the behavior somewhere visible to the impacted users, provide open access to the fix required, and maybe a notice in the upload process in the editor when you’re about to do something that might result in a negative outcome.

This is all simple stuff and I cannot think of another company that would do this in any other way. Shipping new firmware that bricks older devices with no notice and no public mitigation isn’t something I would expect from a trusted hardware vendor.

My process was:

1. Have a great idea for a new project requiring a Nextion display.
  2. Before purchasing new hardware. Test on the old hardware I have available.
  3. Download the latest version of the software available. Google “Nextion download” and download the exe from nextion.tech/nextion-editor. There are no warnings on the page regarding compatibility with older hardware.
  4. Create the new idea and upload it to the display.
  5. Brick display with no warning.
  6. Open a support case with Itead and Nextion.
  7. Get ignored. I opened both cases on Sunday and it’s now Thursday with no follow up from either company.
  8. Rely on the community to solve the issue.

I’ve learned a lot about Nextion and their views on customer support since Sunday. I will not be buying another Nextion product.

Progress! Nextion has finally posted the fix publically: https://nextion.tech/download/LegacyFix.zip

1 Like

@Everyone

I can confirm, this actually worked!! Finally!

Thanks for this @luma