Stuck on how to code an intervelometer

Its sunday 8:48 is expected to forget some things I do all the time!

Save your project start a new one
Put a number box on the display go to its settings make the vscope global and choose numeric keyboard in the key setting then run the debug and click on the number box.

that would of been handy to know lmao
welp

For text boxes you choose the qwerty keyboard

and that global means you can get to it from other screens.

cool. so to intergrate this it would be as simple as having slider=number box or remove the sliders. nvm i kinda need the sliders for the way ive set the code to read the values

I am trying to see how to add the keyboard with out changing slider may take a few minutes.

Simple way is to put a small number box next to the sliders , add a button or 3 to transfer all the values to the sliders.
Looking at your picture you could change the text boxes above the slider to buttons.

for another progect im sure i will but ive found good length and having extra buttons just seems like a drag lmao

how would i go about adding a second screen?
could i just have it use the second page and can i cinnect it the same way as the other nextion display or are there other things involved?

You have learnt to program the display and will probably do more when you think adout it in the future

A second nextion or jus another page on the same one?

a second nextion. and can it disply another page from the same HMI

You can have multiple pages (screens) on the display by placing a button on the page with Page 1 on the press event it goes to page one on page one you put a button with Page 0 on its press even goes back to page one. If you have more pages you just put the page number you want you can have a home page with a few buttons to get to them all.

You can not transfer pages between nextions

i do know this, but how easy would it be to add another screen?

It would need a arduino another micro to receive commands on different serial ports and decide what to do.

what if the second display didnt need to receave commands from an arduino, only disply text sent from the first screen aswell as dim/go to sleep at the same time as the other

You would send the text/data to the adruino then it sends it to the other nextion or more complicated would be to use rs232 to rs485 buss converters and use the reparse mode to listen for the display address and act when its received all other devices on the buss do the same.

ahh
so not something for my skill level lmao

The arduino one would not be that difficult as you use different ports on the arduino many have two some have four the 328 has two the 256 has four.

THE ARDUINO UNOS (WHAT IM USING) ONLY HAVE ONE caps soz, the megas do have 2
so i can easily switch over to a mega and have the extra ports