Unofficial Nextion/TJC User Forum

Sending Pictures over Serial (Intelligent Display)

I want to send Pictures from the web to the Nextion display and show them. I have it hooked up to a Raspberry PI running Node Red. I have found the twfile command but don´t know how to use it with Node Red, I haven´t really done anything advanced with Serial communication.
Thanks in advance!

Which command will you use to download any file into LCD during work ?

Nextion commands set

Didn’t really think of it yet I thought it would just be stored. If I must have guessed I would pick the readfile command…

As i know, you can’t send files to the LCD during work. Only preinstall them as part of LCD project

Thats lame actually…

There is a tool on the TJC Development Tool page that’s called SerialFileUp. It can be used to upload/download files to and from the RAM disk or SD card during run-time.

You can use the ExPicture object to display uploaded images from a path:

Picture file path (e.g."ram/0.jpg" or "sd0/1.jpg")

They use a Visual Studio Code example to demonstrate this, so take a look at that code.
While it is TJC, there is a very good chance that it also works on Nextion Intelligent screens, but I don’t own one.

1 Like

This forum is in no way affiliated with NEXTION®, ITEAD STUDIO®, TJC®, or anyone else really. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement from the respective rights holder(s).