Unofficial Nextion/TJC User Forum

Send component id not working in Simulator

I am trying to develop my first nextion display (NX4832F035).
For faster engineering I want to use the simulator instead of downloading to the physical display each time.
I already successfully managed to connect my physical ESP32 to the simulator and control it.
However the simulator seems to have a bug.
As soon as you have a TouchCap object on the screen, the simulator won’t send the component id anymore to the MCU if you click any of the buttons.
On the physical display I am not having this behaviour.

If I replace my device with one from the intelligent series, the simulator behaves as expected.

Hi and welcome @philipp900,

To me it sounds indeed like a bug. I can only suggest you to report it in the official Nextion forum. Hope that they won’t come with some “simulator is not 100% same as device” excuse to leave it unfixed…

Kind regards,
Max

This forum is in no way affiliated with NEXTION®, ITEAD STUDIO®, TJC®, or anyone else really. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement from the respective rights holder(s).