Unofficial Nextion/TJC User Forum

Put the display to sleep, or just dim it to 0?

What’s the functional difference between putting the display to sleep and setting the display backlight to 0? I am using some code in the screen to collect data from the serial port, and the data collection stops when I put the display to sleep. I would prefer to just set the backlight to 0 and then allow the data to be collected. Then when a screen is touched, the backlight gets set back to 100.

Any thoughts on this? Will I hurt the display by keeping it running continuously?

AKG

I guess when putting it to sleep the processor actually enters some kind of sleep mode. Also, I think timers don’t run in sleep mode. I guess you could verify this by measuring the current consumption. On the other hand, reducing the brightness to 0 certainly does reduce the current consumption but the UI would remain fully functional, meaning it would still run timers and react to all user inputs.

Kind regards,
Max

This forum is in no way affiliated with NEXTION®, ITEAD STUDIO®, TJC®, or anyone else really. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement from the respective rights holder(s).