Unofficial Nextion/TJC User Forum

Nextion Gesture Tips & Tricks

Over the past few months I’ve been working on a Nextion project integrating a Sonoff NSPanel into Home Assistant. The discussions on this forum have provided a lot of really useful information as I’ve learned my way around the Nextion Instruction set (for a ‘Discovery’ class device).

There are some parts of this project that might be of wider interest to other Nextion users. So I’ve made a folder in my GitHub project to share some of these tips, tricks, and traps with a demo HMI file and some documents explaining them. This includes:

• Gestures: simple and more advanced ways of getting swipe and press gestures to work reliably (especially dealing with some of the unexpected touch behaviours and interactions);
  • Dynamic Round/circular sliders: a demonstration of some of the more advanced things that can be done with realtime processing of touch events (while duplicating the circular slider that comes on the original NSPanel firmware);
  • Geometric functions: arctan and square root approximation subroutines needed for interpreting touch events for some custom UI components.

Round Slider demo

4 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

This forum is in no way affiliated with NEXTION®, ITEAD STUDIO®, TJC®, or anyone else really. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement from the respective rights holder(s).