Nextion Editor v1.60.0

FYI, a new version of Nextion Editor is available.

V1.60.0 Update List

1. Add the ability to play videos from the microSD card (just set the Video component .from attribute to external file.
  2. Add startup file concept Programs
  3. Added ZI Font subsetting with specified characters
  4. Add data CRC checking functions (see crcval, crcrest, crcputs, crcputh, and crcputu)
  5. Fixes for minor issues

Version numbering jumps to 1.60.0 with subversion extension.

2 Likes

We use the SD slot to initially load the HMI program when power is applied. In order to access files and now videos from the SD slot, do you have to insert the SD card AFTER you power up the device?

This is pretty cool and long overdue. There’s now a button that looks like this: image

It brings up the Program.s which is a startup script. Here’s the default code:

//The following code is only run once when power on, and is generally used for global variable definition and power on initialization data
int sys0=0,sys1=0,sys2=0     //At present, the definition of global variable only supports 4-byte signed integer (int), and other types of global quantity declaration are not supported. If you want to use string type, you can use variable control in the page to implement
page 0                       //Power on start page 0

re: 2. startup file

I wonder if you could use this to check for the presence of a .tft file. If not exist then boot normally without attempting to load a new program. Then you could leave an SD card installed permanently.

Release notes translated from Chinese with a little more info:

3 Likes

Added ZI Font subsetting with specified characters

What does font subsetting mean?

You don’t have to include the full character set anymore. You can pick and choose which characters you actually need. When using utf-8 for example, you probably don’t need all 65535 characters. So you can select a subset of the charactersets/languages/scripts your app actually needs to save flash space.

Oh nice, I was hoping for the ability to make custom chars through the official application but I’ll take what I can get.

Thanks for the info.

About startup file
Do you mean that now one can declare his own variables this way, in startup file, like this:
int myvar=5
int myint=0
int mysoul=0
?
Or simply you can load in sys variables an initial value?

In the first case, the variables are in the pictures/fonts/programming lines memory space?
In a separated file in the sd card and they are referrable to in the code?

Ok, i see that i can declare int owner variable(not graphical).
I figure out thts’not possible to declare arrays of int, not?

int var[5]
var[1]=1
var[2]=2… and so on
?

Seen, i can’t. Sorry asking you something that i can try myself.