Unofficial Nextion/TJC User Forum

Nextion Editor 0.58 on Mac / Linux

I finally got this working on macOS Majave under Wine.

• macOS Mojave 10.14.6
  • wine-4.0.2 (stable)
  • Nextion Editor v0.58

The steps I followed that ultimately worked are:

1. Install Wine Stable 4.0.2 from DMG
  2. Install cabextract using homebrew (needed for winetricks):
    $ brew install cabextract
  3. Install winetricks
  4. Use winetricks to install .NET 3.5 SP1.
    $ winetricks dotnet35 dotnet35sp1
    I sort of followed these instructions. I had already installed Mono, so I had to first start with a fresh wine prefix. It also took me two tries for some reason. So if it fails just try install it again. :man_shrugging:

I was also able to expose my serial port to wine by using regedit to map /dev/tty.ABCDEF to COM1.

It works well! I can edit the HMI files, compile them, upload them to a screen over serial, and even debug a screen over serial. Hope that helps some mac/linux users!

Note to admins: I had to omit a bunch of helpful links in the above because my new account is restricted. Mind increasing the trust on my account?

1 Like

This forum is in no way affiliated with NEXTION®, ITEAD STUDIO®, TJC®, or anyone else really. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement from the respective rights holder(s).