Unofficial Nextion/TJC User Forum

File is too large

I’m finally getting round to using my NX4832T035_011 deivce after having bought it a year or more ago.

Back then I created a test project ok. Now the editor has upgraded and when I load the project it tries to upgrade display firmware but all i get is a message on display saying ‘file is too large for destination device’.

I followed the legacy upgrade steps using the SD which went ok, but still the same issue I can’t get past.

I’ve searched everywhere for the firmware file so i can drop it on the sd but unable to locate.

any help much appreciated.

so nobody else had this issue? Wondering if my board was a fake ? Is there a way to tell ?

ok -so found the issue. The ‘file too large’ error message is referring to the project not the firmware, even though the editor says ‘press ok t o upgrade the firmware’ and then the error occurs.

Bizarrely the editor checks the project size before doing the firmware upgrade, so the error message has the wrong context.

This forum is in no way affiliated with NEXTION®, ITEAD STUDIO®, TJC®, or anyone else really. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement from the respective rights holder(s).