3.5" enhanced "System data ERROR!" on first programming

Hi. I’ve just got a new batch of 35 off Enhanced 3.5" direct from Nextion…I’ve had at least 150 off previously…

My programming method is:

• remove from packaging
  • insert SD card
  • power up
  • software is copied from SD and updated, data is “CHECKED” and (sic) “Update Successed!” message shown
  • power off, remove SD
  • power up
  • all is good

With the first 5 off from the new batch (so I expect it applies to all) I have to do/get:

• remove from packaging
  • insert SD card
  • power up
  • software is copied from SD and updated
  • blank white screen shown, never changes
  • power off, power on, data is “CHECKED” and (sic) “Update Successed!” message shown
  • power off, remove SD
  • power up
  • “System data ERROR!” shown on black background
  • power off
  • insert SD card
  • power up
  • software is copied from SD and updated, data is “CHECKED” and (sic) “Update Successed!” message shown
  • power off, remove SD
  • power up
  • all is good

It makes no difference if I initially power up a brand new display and let the demo program run before inserting the SD card

The displays work fine in use, but the programming of lots of new devices now takes over 2x as long :roll_eyes:

Any ideas?

Corrupt SD card maybe? Power Supply is noisy?

Ioannis

Would it be quicker to upload directly from nextion editor?

Don’t think so - my dev environment isn’t set up for that and my experiments several years ago suggested SD was much quicker

I tried another power supply - still takes exactly two attempts to program each display - have done 10 more since OP and still all the same

I don’t have another SD card at the moment - I’m using a 32Gb card - could that be a problem (but why does the second attempt always work?)

Maybe it has something to do with the Editor version and the new chipsets used a while back. I’d suggest recompiling with the latest Editor version and trying that file on an SD card.

If that doesn’t work then they obviously have a new bug in their bootloader.

I use a large number of the 3.2" Enhanced myself and have been using old stock for a couple years. I just ordered more displays so I’ll need to do the above process myself for capability with the newer screens which have the QR code on the sticker over the micro SD slot.