What's the best method for using nextion hmi files with a tjc display?

Regarding the big fonts, you can click on the number of characters when generating an UTF-8 font:

You can then only pick the scripts you need:

Also, you can delete unneeded characters using the Nextion Font Editor tool:

ok tks, I had also been down that rabbit hole, I was hoping to get a working GB2312 Chinese font, that is also Ok when I used the Arduino code, to setText(“xxxx”); as the one the nextion generates now is not, , it sets the text to “random” chinese char, for some reason .
I may need to get my chinese tech in Shenzhen to have a go.

tks, :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d love to get on your privileged list despite being new to the forum. My first post was in offtopic and described some of my pain with dealing with Patrick. So hopefully that goes some way to proving my non-Patrickness. For migrating from Nextion to TJC I’m favoring the rewriting the checksums route but, I guess, I still need TJC editor to upload to TJC displays? But maybe the translation is not critical if the program process is the same?

Hi Sakza !
I’m encountering the exact same problem for the DASH4.3 in SimHub after having ordered a NX and recieved a TJC screen.
Could you please share your .HMI file? or could anyone give me a hint on how to convert the file in HEX editors?

Thank you in advance.

Can you share your experience on converting the Nextion HMI file to TJC too? It’s really pain in the axx to rebuild one for TJC.

Thanks in advance!

I hate this bitches so much, even in an unofficial forum users must have at least some privilege to get like TJC working in english. Because Nextion is watching. If you see this, fuck you nextion/patrick, you are a bitch, big ass bitch, you work only for money, and you get them, a large amount of them, fuck you.

I guess that the only non-hacking way is to open the Nextion and the TJC Editor side by side and doing copy and paste for hours to rebuild your HMI.
BTW, you might have your personal reasons for your emotional (in my eyes unprofessional) reactions against Patrick, but I think that you would not work for free, either. I’m far from defending him - he appears in fact to be somewhat special - but your abusive use of foul language devaluates this unofficial forum where which is an important and valuable refuge and resource for many of us.

1 Like

I don’t say “work for free”, I won’t either. But! When you get a contract with TJC just to make the devices sold in EU/US market in English while abusing its buyers, and even making people in other forums do illegal things #unmaskedpatrick. That is a really bitchy move, he sells the displays for far more than TJC does (2~3x more). I am really pissed off from his actions. Sorry for my let’s say “too much abuse” but that’s really stupid.
NEXTION IS NOT OPEN-SOURCE
NEXTION WILL NOT BE OPEN-SOURCE
NO REVERSE ENGINEERING
Hag uploaded a font generator on the Nextion official "forum", got abused by Gerry and Patrick for reverse engineering(?).

From the perspective of my clients in Russia and some Baltic states, they understand that Itead/Nextion has

1. the required export licenses by the Chinese government to sell outside mainland China which TJC hasn’t. That’s why outside China, you can’t source a huge number of TJC displays as an industrial client. Individuals might order very limited quantities with Chinese resellers, though, on certain platforms
  2. invested in the CE and FCC certification of the Nextion devices (TJC again, has not) which is a widespread requirement by professional clients outside China
  3. at least an English version of the Editor which is better than Chinese, even for Russian developers
  4. Documentation in English language (editor guide and instruction set)

All this is added value in their eyes which fully justifies the higher price. Other products like 4D systems or Siemens are still much more expensive and more difficult and slower to develop on. That makes that the professional customer is most times ok with Nextion products, especially for quick prototyping and small/mid size production batches where the development hours have more impact on the item retail price than on very large series.

The calculation might naturally be different for a student or hobby project where one buys single items on a pocket money budget, has to pay sales tax and one can not count on volume discounts. But that is neither TJC’s nor Nextion’s principal market.

hello can someone help me convert an original hmi nextions file so that i can use it on a 7 inch tjc display the display is the same it is about this file

https://github.com/MKFirmware/MK4duo/blob/master/NextionFW/mk4duo_7_0_basic_v1_3_2.HMI

Good morning,

how to convert the HMI nextion project file to USART HMI? is there any tutorial?

Thanks
Valentino

can someone change hmi nextion file to tjc4827x343 011 for me?

It’s best to jump onto the Discord server and someone will help you out there.

can you please convert some hmi files from nextion to tjc4827x343_011