What's the best method for using nextion hmi files with a tjc display?

Hi - Looking for the most up to date method of getting either an hmi file designed with the nextion editor into the tjc editor, or a method of uploading the .tft that’s compiled in the nextion editor.

Thanks!

1 Like

Is the HMI open source? We can have a look into the conversion from Nextion to USART.

I haven’t been able to find any licensing info on them, so I won’t post them here just in case. They are however provided with a racing simulator telemetry application (SimHub), which is free.

I unfortunately fell victim to the purchase a nextion display and receive a tjc trick. If it were one hmi, I’d probably be happy to open it up in the nextion editor and copy it by hand, but unfortunately there’s quite a handful there I’d like to trial, hence the desire for a more practical solution.

Is there potentially a way to edit the model check in the compiled tft files?

I opened an .HMI file designed in the Nextion editor in the TJC editor without any problems.

If the Nextion HMI is available then it can be converted to USART HMI and uploaded to a TJC panel. But not from the tft file…

I have the hmi files themselves, (quite a handful), which open fine in the nextion editor but return a “file damaged or corrupt” error when I try to open them in the usart editor.

What’s the conversion process?

No conversion that I know of. What version of the editor are you using?

At the moment I have the 1.62, but I’ve tried with a couple of various versions as well to make sure it’s not an age thing. 1.5 I think was the oldest I tested

The “conversion” involves recalculating all the checksums of the HMI file. That’s why I asked if the file was available somewhere.

I’ve uploaded one of them here: https://mega.nz/file/QUQRBaAA#fc6aM92tJJnszv_9fNRSlBT61W1KJbvQsRg4Uoz9VJA

Thanks, please test the TJC version. It should work fine in the USART HMI editor.

Thanks!

Works perfectly, both in the editor and on the device. How did you do it? I’ve opened the hmi files in a hex editor and had a look at a few of the checksums, but nothing stood out to me

They use a combination of the model number (NX4827T043_011 vs. TJC4827T043_011) and running checksums across all the objects in the HMI file. For example, if you change a page its checksum changes and the HMI checksum also changes…

The editor only opens files for models it recognizes and whose checksums are valid.

Hello, (I am new here but have the Nextion LCD and code for some time,) I am really looking for the to load my Nextion.HMI into the TJC of the same type size etc, for my Chinese customer. (super price sensitive) .

I have some TJC screens here [Aust] (and Nextion LCD) and also with my engineer in Nanshan SZ, but he said he cant load the Nextion.HMI file to the TCJ chinese editor… can I get the heads up on the process? please… really appreciate it, if we can.

Also, if I can ask, is there a way (have you seen) I can build / export a complied HEX file and load that in the TJC? to explain , I need the factory in SZ to load the files, but clearly I dont wont people messing with the set up.

I am running a Atmel 2560 (Arduino) custom PCB, with a reasonably large code application. I want the LCD process to be the same as the Arduino Atmel, where I can (do now) export a HEX and Bootloader and simply load in the processor at production.

We make boards for export (from China) and these use the Nextion, as its not that price sensitive.

be great help if we can…

thanks,

There are several ways to open an HMI in the other editor. You either need to convert the HMI file, hack the editor to skip the brand check, or just open the editors side-by-side and re-design the app from scratch, but copy pasting scripts, reusing assets, etc… I believe there is even a company that does just that.

Once you have the HMI you compile it into a TFT file which resembles a HEX or BIN file for upload to the screen. You put this TFT file on an SD card for upload or you can transfer it over serial protocol. There will be one TFT for Nextion and another TFT for TJC.

1 Like

You wrote: “There will be one TFT for Nextion and another TFT for TJC.”

To clarify, the editor does NOT create 2 TFT files, one for each display type.

For those so privileged, I’ve sent instructions privately for how to get the TJC editor working in English. I will NOT release those instructions to ‘brand new’ registered users. Nextion is watching… :wink:

2 Likes

You are great!I want to do the same thing but do not have the ability. I talked with Chinese manufacture. They said they can not provide the English version of the software because they have agreement with some company, I think it is Nextion.

The agreement TJC have, is with Patrick Martin.
Who is the anal retentive that controls the official Nextion Forum, and runs the paid-for Nextion support.
He’s also on various Facebook groups claiming (lying) that Nextion and TJC display are not compatible at all.
Which, as we all know here, is complete BS.

Patrick Martin is only interested in Patrick Martin’s bank account balance.

1 Like

Patrick and the others at Nextion really could create a wonderfully supportive product and community if they were nicer to the community and their customers. There’s absolutely no reason they couldn’t foster a fanbase supporting their product. Combined panel and GUI development app makes for an outstanding product. It’s their attitude, demeanor, and dismissive nature towards those that aren’t ‘developers’ that sour their reputation.

I really think if they showed some respect, understanding, care, and compassion for those who wish to send them money buying their products they could build a powerhouse product line in the industry.

At this point, it just seems like they’re a bunch of guarded, paranoid, jerks.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the info on the conversion, that was OK, I can convert my large Nex HMI and load in the Chinese version of the USART and that builds a TFT and that loads, all good, so the factory can use that to load the TJC panels. big thumbs up,

comment I have is the (other notes) about converting the USART to english is not much point, as the Device(s) are still NEX anyway, unless there was a mod for that I dont see, so its exactly the same as the Next Editor anyway. so i just leave in Chinese and build a TFT from my import,

My remaining issue is the use of the Chinese fonts, of course UTF8 is ok, but the file is shall I say big,! and I already have l lot of graphic and about 10 pages , I was previously using the GB2312 . and thats about 500K or so, I prefer smaller, but,
that displays the Chinese Char correctly, but when I use the setText (“出口”); in my Arduino code the LCD displays “other” char,
I tried as Text / string or as Char, etc , but same deal.

i am looking at now simply building a custom font, (to get the size small) [because I like small] and give me more mem for look good images, as opposed to lots of unused Chinese Char taking up space.

I set the Device Character encoding to GB2312 , and built the font on gb2312, the LCD can display as ok, but in the code setText … its wrong,.
any thought appreciated,

thanks,