Unofficial Nextion/TJC User Forum

Problem with Arduino Mega and pin 2

Hello,

I have connected my Nextion (basic 7.0"") to TX/RX2 of an Arduino Mega, using the official library
the thing works fine
on pin #2 (attach 0) , there is a square signal from a speed sensor. before plugging the Nextion, I could measure the speed with arduino software
after I plug the Nextion, the line of pin2 is corrupted: there is a square signal that looks like a transmission, so my signal from the speed sensor is not visible any longer. As a workaround, I plugged my speed sensor to another D pin, it works again, but I would like to use this pin (because it is “attach” pin).

what can I do?

Hello,

Are you still using your USB connection from your Mega, to your laptop/PC?
RX0/TX0 are at digital pins 0 & 1, maybe there is some interference in between both pins 1 & 2.
Or a bad soldering at the bottom.

And there are more interrupt pins, like D3 see here:
Mega pin layout

I hope this helps :+1:

This forum is in no way affiliated with NEXTION®, ITEAD STUDIO®, TJC®, or anyone else really. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement from the respective rights holder(s).