Nextion serial rate experiment

FYI, with the faster upload speeds now available in the latest (0.58) Nextion Editor, I’m always uploading at the fastest rate, 921,600 to my Nextion 2.4" basic displays.

I became curious as to what the fastest reliable serial rate was between the Nextion and MCU.

Considering my MCU is a Teensy LC, I decided to try it’s serial rates that have 0% error.

Source: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_uart.html

500,000 didn’t work.

I then tried 250,000, which seems to be reliable.

nextion_serial

I haven’t bothered to see if the 500,000 rate could be fudged on the Nextion side to compensate for any internal timing errors. Considering the Editor can talk to the Nextion @ 921,600, the MCU should be able to as well.

The operation of my project is time-sensitive, and delays of 2-4mS were created every time I wrote to the Nextion @ 115,000 mostly changing the vis of objects. So at least I’m halving these delays.

I’m going to look at increasing the Serial buffer size of my Teensy project, but this was an easy no-brainer to experiment with.

If any one experiments further with baud rate fudges on the Nextion side, please let the rest of us know.

1 Like

Hi,
i was also playing around but only with 250000 which looks good.
Nice that you try to go more up, not nice that it seems to have problems :frowning:

Are you uploading the nextion through the teensy?
If so, are you using the teensy example USB_Serial or how does your program look like?
Because i have problems that the Data is incorrect after uploading through MCU :frowning:

Alright, thanks.
I just use another program on the MCU to update the Nextion through it.
No need for this USB device, the MCU (you use teensy, works as well) can also “passthrough” the nextion editor upload.
Maybe that makes your life a bit easier :slight_smile:

How did you set that speed ? Your MCU runs on 100+ Mhz ?

PIC18 MCUs 64Mhz ( 16Mhz on pins ) supports only 115200. And my Nextion (basic eddition) just not updating some frames on 115200 speed.

But Intelegent LCD works fine on 115200

( both LCD 7" 800*480 )

Basic bisplay does not support 921,600 ( only 115200 )

Only Intelegent LCD support 921600 speed