Nextion price increase?

Over my last few orders I’ve found that Nextion prices have been creeping up. My primary project utilizes a Basic 2.4 and prices have gone up by ~ 20%. Talking to some suppliers and they’ve all indicated that their pricing has increased from Nextion across the board.

Has anybody else noticed this? Between jacking up the prices and reducing the LCD screen quality it’s getting pretty hard to defend this component selection for any future products.

It might be that the displayed USD prices by Nextion have gone up since the USD has lost about 10% compared to the Chinese RMB, over the last 9 months. But this shouldn’t forcibly have an impact on retail prices in EUR, since there applies the same USD weakness. If European retailers do not forward the advantage of the weak dollar exchange rate to their clients…
Russian companies for example are required to add an additional 25% “security” margin to their pricing because of the varying exchange rates and difficulties in general with all foreign currencies which are not Russian rubles.

I noticed the same.
Price increased but i could do a “good deal” with my supplier so it is not too much.

I’m buying in USD. If it was an exchange rate thing I would expect all of my other components to be similarly going up in price. The chinese microcontroller I use is the same price, the Taiwanese PSU modules I buy, same price. It’s only the Nextion displays that seem to be increasing like this.

Yes, my supplier told me that Nextion increased the price.
It has nothing to do with the exchange rate.

Same here, several suppliers directly told me that Nextion has increased their pricing across the board, and these suppliers are in mainland China and thus are presumably not buying with USD.

Looks like my exchange rate theory doesn’t apply. Hmmmm…

So far the prices on my supplier are the same. I’m in Europe and buy from this supplier

Right, Komputer sells it for a lot more than i pay from a china supplier.
Thats maybe the reason why he did not increase his price, or he did not start a new order from his china supplier in the last few month.

Time for another order and… prices up even more. It’s nearly 50% higher than what I was paying 6 months ago.

Bold strategy Nextion, increase price and decrease quality and see what happens to your customers who made the decision to use your parts in their products.

Strange surprise… @luma, are you talking about the publicly displayed end user prices or do you have reseller status and conditions?

RFP responses from Alibaba vendors in qty 50, so not a huge lot but I’m also getting a sample of pricing from a few dozen bids each time.

Price will increase again in April as my supplier told me…
Time to switch. Thanks nextion for nothing…

I hope to make some tests with DWIN screens.
http://dwin.com.cn/home/English/index.html

The editor can be downloaded from the side and all the documentations.
These have a good price/quality (lower then Nextion and have more screen sizes)

1 Like

@MdG_NL have you had the opportunity to play with DWIN screens yet?

I’m also looking for Nextion alternatives, but I’m not sure about the DGUS editor.
The DWIN videos seem to concentrate on it being very image based.
I require not only images but many text components and variable components.

Haven’t downloaded it yet, nor purchased any DWIN screens, but seem to be getting closer to buying a 4.3" to experiment with.

Keen to hear others experiences with DWIN.
I’d suggest a DWIN sub forum be established, if there is sufficient interest.

I’m still in experiment mode and yes the editor is a bit more work.
UserCode is not that easy as by the Nextion.
All code needs to be included in a .hex file.
I’m still looking for a HowTo for this part.

The screens are ok and have audio included (in my case)

I come back later!

I also noticed that the price of NEXTION’s screen has gone up, maybe it’s time for a change, I recently purchased DACAI and STONE’s screen, DACAI is very cheap which makes me very excited, however, unfortunately its after-sales service makes me unsatisfied, the response is not timely, STONE’s new product makes me very satisfied, it supports canbus and modbus protocol, also equipped with Bluetooth and wifi modules, and the after-sales service is also very prompt and patient, which all makes me feel worthwhile.

Yes, prices of the 3.5" basic (The one I buy the most of) have doubled in less than 6 months.
With a crystal ball and tea leaves, I would have stockpiled these 6 months ago!

Greedy opportunistic Chinese vendors are jacking up their prices every week, even though their own buy price was substantially lower when they bought them.
In the three weeks since I bought my last batch, they have risen 22% (same vendor) who is sitting on 1,000’s of these.

Nextion are on the verge of pricing themselves out of the game, except for small hobby market, which is price sensitive to begin with.

Look at the touch screens you can get for the Rasp Pi, they are a fraction of the price.

My curiosity with DWIN panels is shifting towards actually buying some to experiment with, with a view to phasing out Nextion HMI altogether.

2 Likes

I’m now getting quotes that are double the price that I paid for the same models last year. I appreciate shortages are making some things difficult but man - 100% increase?

1 Like

But adding decoupling capacitors would be too expenisve… Or let’s say the additional costs were an argument brought up against adding any.
Sometimes I really can’t follow their reasonings (no more no less. There may be good or bad intentions behind it. All I want to say is that I can’t make sense of this and a lot of other things).

Regards,
Max

1 Like