Unofficial Nextion/TJC User Forum

Nextion deleting posts

I still visit the Nextion forums to find bits and pieces of info, it seems to be more frequently visited than this site. Yet, I’m baffled when I come across posts like this that are almost immediately deleted once authored. A user potentially points out a ‘problem’ with their product and they scrub all evidence rather than work with their clients to resolve the issue and make their products better. I just can’t wrap my head around why they behave that way.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 11.07.19 AM

I can still see that thread, it has 5 posts now, 3 from Michael Harwerth, 1 from Gerry and 1 from Patrick. It came finally out that Michael had created multiple variable instances, so it was his fault and not a Nextion bug.

Why do you think it has been deleted?

Probably just a shadow ban on the thread, until they could blame the user…

I can view all the other posts in their forums, just not that one. I get a 404 error. This has happened in the past when they’ve blocked my accounts. I waited a few weeks, re-registered, and boom, no ability to view that thread. Perhaps they’re looking out for me.

Do you have a link to the post?

Here it is:
https://nextion.tech/forums/topic/global-variable-lost-on-page-change/

Since the thread is in the VIP section, it’s probably not accessible to everybody.

How do you become a VIP member?

VIP access is granted if either yourself or, like in my case, the company you work for as a consultant, decides to show an accomplished Nextion project and to share details in the forum.

Evidently, the guys at Nextion are blocking my every attempt to even gain access to their forums. I re-registered under a different name, made a single ‘helpful’ post for another user and now my profile is ‘blocked’. I can login, but can’t access ANY posts.

WTF!

This forum is in no way affiliated with NEXTION®, ITEAD STUDIO®, TJC®, or anyone else really. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement from the respective rights holder(s).