Unofficial Nextion/TJC User Forum

I need to power display with poe as well coomunicate with display using tcp/ip

I have a on going project where we are using Nextion display in that we need power up the system with Poe as well as it should receive signal through same cable . anyone have any idea on NA-01 POE Enabled UART To Ethernet Converter or any other alternative . i am fully new to Nextion Display please help on this …

Your easiest route would be to use a PoE separator to extract the power from the Ethernet cable, run it into a regulator to get required voltage, and connect the PoE-less Ethernet to a microcontroller with Ethernet support (Arduino family?). The micro would need a simple program to extract the TCP/IP data and convert it to TTL level serial for the Nextion.

thanks , Cant we use A Ethernet to TTL COnverter

Sure, I just went with lowest cost as most Ethernet to TTL adapters cost more than the clone Arduino boards that support RJ45 Ethernet. You will still need a PoE solution as, depending on switch/router you connect to, you can have up to 48-volts to deal with… most common regulators are only good to about 30-volts.

You might find solutions like this would be helpful. You get isolated PoE, an ethernet interface, and all the stuff an ESP32 does (which is a lot).

thanks luma .it is very useful

This forum is in no way affiliated with NEXTION®, ITEAD STUDIO®, TJC®, or anyone else really. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement from the respective rights holder(s).