Unofficial Nextion/TJC User Forum

How to move controls to different x,y programmatically?

Hello friends,
Is there a way to move controls to different (x,y) coordinates? The attributes appear read only and I didn’t find any move command. The reason I need it is because I want to reuse set of secondary controls that become visible when user selects radio button. So instead of creating a set of controls for each radio button and hide it when radio button is not selected, I want to move the existing set around.

That depends on the capabilities of the Nextion HMI which you use. The T (Standard) and K (Enhanced) series do not allow changing the x and y attributes of components at runtime, while the P (Intelligent) series allow that. Since moving a component around is not only redrawing it in a new place, but also setting up a new touch trap zone, I think that this is just beyond the faculties of the simpler and cheaper models.

If you don’t want to go for a P display, you may also place your secondary controls on a separate page and pop this temporarily up after one of the radio buttons was clicked.

2 Likes

Спасибо, good idea for another scenario, but I would rather put additional controls on the same page.

Duplicate the page with the controls where you want them. Call that page when they select the radio button.

This forum is in no way affiliated with NEXTION®, ITEAD STUDIO®, TJC®, or anyone else really. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement from the respective rights holder(s).