Enhanced to Intelligent Conversion

Recently exported my enhanced HMI and imported it to an intelligent HMI file.

Couple things I ran into that I do not understand is the TFT file out. On the enhanced it was 28mb and on the intelligent, it is it 4mb.

Another thing I ran into is that the intelligent screen is a lot laggier. Progress bars are a lot more choppy, it tends to skip values. My Arduino code is the exact same, all the pictures, fonts, id’s on the HMI are the exact same.

Anyone have a clue why the intelligent screen will be laggier?

Basically, the intelligent series is quicker than the enhanced. BUT…

…since the intelligent does handle transparency (even if not needed in an enhanced hmi file), it starts complex rendering calculations when components (accidentally) overlap which slows it considerably down. First step is looking at your hmi page by page and make sure that there are no overlapping components. Fixing such a simple issue can speed it up.

1 Like

Currently have a hotspot that overlays the entire screen. This allows me to press anywhere on the screen to move to the next page.

Another thing I have that overlays is a warning sign which is set to “vis 0” when the criteria is not met.

Removed the hotspot that overlays it and the lag has been reduced…

Any possibility of turning off the transparency calculations.

Only if I knew about this before buying a whole set of intelligent displays rather than enhanced…

Edit.

Removed all my hotspots on every page and the “lag” has returned to somewhat normal.

Question now is what can I replace the hotspot with… Would like to avoid creating a dedicated area to click on.

Question now is what can I replace the hotspot with… Would like to avoid creating a dedicated area to click on.
The simplest is to handle the page click event. It will be triggered for every touch which is not on a component. If too many components are in the way and these should also capture touching, you may redirect the touch event by adding click pageX,1 to the component’s touch event code.

Any possibility of turning off the transparency calculations.
No.

Only if I knew about this before buying a whole set of intelligent displays rather than enhanced…
Prototyping with a single device, first, might solve many problems before they appear.

1 Like

Can’t you add navigation buttons?
Like a < and >

Thanks for the help, using page event for now.

1 Like

I have that in parts of my code where I can go back and forward.

But for where I can only go forward or only back I did not create these buttons to help increase space used.