Anti-Aliased fonts, available now! (Kinda...)

Incredible! Beautiful!

I need help doing something similar… got tips? I have a controller that outputs data over serial, but the nextion seems to require specific addressing to display a gauge value, for example. I can’t seem to find how to make a nextion object respond to a serial message

If you look at my post about using the reparse mode I have the nextion being sent serial data , parsing the data , assigning it to objects and requesting more data . That should do it for you.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I needed to get me heading in the right direction… I got it working, but I need to figure out why I’m getting strange characters instead of the text/numbers I’m expecting. SUPPOSEDLY (I might be mistaken), it expects plain text commands and outputs text and number data. If I use my arduino serial monitor, I see correct text on startup, but inputting commands in the terminal results in gibberish characters. I’m sure I have something set wrong, but thanks for getting me going!

I put a TTL to RS232 buffer on the nextion and then used my PC with a usb rs232 cable with Realterm to send and receive the data to the nextion , I made a file text file that was the format of the data from my inverters and sent it with Realterm to the nextion. I could also send small amounts of data to test my code as I went and see what was sent from the nextion. I also turned off the automatic return codes on the nextion as my inverters would see these as an error.

If nextion can launch vector fonts that would be great, dot matrix fonts are too easy to lose frames when zooming in or out.